Reviews, General Discussions, and Conference Proceedings, Astrophysics
69. "Historical Reflections on the Role of Numerical Modeling in Astrophysics," (presented at the Astronomische Gesellschaft 1999 meeting), in Reviews in Modern Astronomy, 13, 1 (2000).
70. "O VII/O VIII Emission of Warm/Hot Gas" L.A. Phillips, J.P. Ostriker and R. Cen, in proceedings of the American Astronomical Society Meeting 196, 34.24 (2000).
71. "The Quintessential Universe," by J.P. Ostriker & P.J. Steinhardt, Scientific American, 284, 46-53 (2001); Scientific American, Special Edition, 40 (2002).
72. "Searching for Baryons with Chandra," L. A. Phillips and J.P. Ostriker, in Proceedings of "X-ray Astronomy 2000", eds. R. Giacconi, L. Stella and S. Serio, Astro-ph/0012451 (2000).
73. "Halo Formation in Warm Dark Matter Models," by P. Bode, J.P. Ostriker & N. Turok, in proceedings of the American Astronomical Society Meeting 197, #72.04, (2000).
74."Recipe for a Universe" by J.P. Ostriker, in Natural History, Vol. 109, No. 1, 17 (2000)
75."What Does the Local Black Hole Mass Distribution Tell us About the Evolution of the Quasar Luminosity Function?" by L. Ciotti, Z. Haiman, & J.P. Ostriker, in The Mass of Galaxies at Low and High Redshift proceedings of the ESO Workshop, Venice, Italy, 24-26 October 2001, 106C (2003)
76. "Dark matter and the discovery of galactic halos" in Our Universe: The Thrill of Extragalactic Exploration as Told by Leading Experts, ed. S. Alan Stern (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge), p. 127 (2001).
77. "Dependence of Star Formation Rate on Overdensity," K.Nagamine, R. Cen & J.P. Ostriker, in proceedings of the 4th RESCEU International Symposium "The Birth and Evolution of the Universe," Tokyo, Japan, November 16-19, 1999 (Astro-ph/9912023) (Universal Academy Press)(2001).
78. "Warm Dark Matter, Small Scale Crisis, and the High Redshift Universe" by Z. Haiman, R. Barkana & J.P. Ostriker, in proceedings of the 20th Texas Symposium on relativistic astrophysics, Austin, TX, eds. J.C. Wheeler & H. Martel, AIP Conference Proceedings, Vol. 586 (2001).
79. "The Small Explorer Mission SPIDR," S. Chakrabarti, M.W. Bautz et. al (including J.P. Ostriker), in proceedings of the American Astronomical Society Meeting 202, 1906C (2003).
80. "Spectroscopy and Photometry of IGM's diffuse radiation (SPIDR): a NASA small explorer mission," S. Chakrabarti, M.W. Bautz et. al (including J.P. Ostriker), Future EUV/UV and Visible Space Astrophysics Missions and Instrumentation, Eds. J.C. Blades, O. H. W. Siegmund, in Proceedings of the SPIE, 4854, pp. 356-363 (2003).
81. "Symposium Summary," J. P. Ostriker, in Clusters of Galaxies: Probes of Cosmological Structure and Galaxy Evolution, Carnegie Observatories Astrophysics Series, Vol. 3., ed. J. S. Mulchaey, A. Dressler, and A. Oemler (Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press) (2003).
82."The role of Compton heating in cluster cooling flows," L. Ciotti, J.P. Ostriker, & S. Pellegrini, in Plasmas in the Laboratory and in the Universe: new insights and new challenges, eds. G. Bertin, D. Farina, & R. Pozzoli, (Astro-ph/0312491), AIP Conference Proceedings, 703, 367-372 (2004).
83. "The Statistics of Substructures in Dark Matter Clusters," J. Weller, J.P. Ostriker& P.W Bode, XXXIXth Rencontres de Moriond conference proceedings, Exploring the Universe, La Thuile, Italy, March 28-April 4, 2004.
84. "The current status of observational cosmology," J.P. Ostriker & T. Souradeep, (Astro-ph/0409131), ICGC-04 conference proceedings, IPRAMA Journal of Physics, Vo. 63, No. 3, September 2004.
85. "Free-free absorption effects on Eddington luminosity," L. Ciotti & J.P. Ostriker, in Plasmas in the Laboratory and in the Universe: new insights and new challenges, eds. G. Bertin, D. Farina, & R. Pozzoli. AIP Conference Proceedings, Volume 703, pp. 276-279 (2004).
86. "Symposium Summary," in Clusters of Galaxies: Probes of Cosmological Structure and Galaxy Evolution, from the Carnegie Observatories Centennial Symposia. Published by Cambridge University Press, as part of the Carnegie Observatories Astrophysics Series. Edited by J.S. Mulchaey, A. Dressler, and A. Oemler, p. 371, (2004).
87. "Radiative Feedback from Quasars and the Growth of Supermassive Black Holes," S. Yu. Sazonov, J.P. Ostriker, L. Ciotti, & R.A. Sunyaev, (Astro-ph/0411046) in Proceedings of the Conference on Growing Black Holes, Garching, June 21-25, 2004, eds. A. Merloni, S. Nayakshin and R. Sunyaev, ESO Astrophysics Symposia Series (Springer-Verlag).
88. "Evolution of Globular Clusters and the Globular Cluster System – I," J.P. Ostriker & C. Thompson, in Dark Matter in the Universe: Second Edition, eds. J. Bahcall, T. Piran & S. Weinberg (World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore), p. 35 (2004).
89. "Positive Energy Perturbations in Cosmology – II," J.P. Ostriker & C. Thompson, in Dark Matter in the Universe: Second Edition, eds. J. Bahcall, T. Piran & S. Weinberg (World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore), p. 57 (2004).>90. "Active galaxies and radiative heating" One contribution of 13 to a Discussion Meeting The impact of active galaxies on the Universe at large, Ostriker, J.P. & Ciotti, L., Philosophical Transactions of The Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, Volume 363, Number 1828, p.667 (2005).
91. "Tracing early structure formation with massive starburst galaxies and their implications for reionization" K. Nagamine, R. Cen, S.R. Furlanetto, L. Hernquist, C. Night & J.P. Ostriker, Summary of talk given at the First Light & Reionization workshop at UC Irvine, May 2005, New Astron.Rev., 50, 29-34 (2006.)
92. "Massive galaxies at z = 2 in cosmological hydrodynamic simulations," K. Nagamine, R. Cen, L. Hernquist, J.P. Ostriker, V. Springel, in "Starbursts – from 30 Doradus to Lyman break galaxies," (Held at IoA, Cambridge UK), eds. R. de Grijs, D.R.M. Gonzalez, Astrophysics & Space Science Library, 329, (Dordrecht: Springer), p. 319 (2005).
93. "The current status of observational cosmology," J.P. Ostriker, T. Souradeep, presented at the Fifth International Conference on Gravitation and Cosmology, Jan. 2004, in Pramana: Journal of Physics, 63, Issue 4, pp817-28 (Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore) (2004).
94. "Revolutionizing Science and Engineering Through Cyberinfrastructure: Report of the National Science Foundation Blue-Ribbon Advisory Panel on Cyberinfrastructure", Daniel E. Atkins Chair University of Michigan, Kelvin K. Droegemeier University of Oklahoma, Stuart I. Feldman IBM, Hector Garcia-Molina Stanford University, Michael L. Klein University of Pennsylvania, David G. Messerschmitt University of California at Berkeley, Paul Messina California Institute of Technology, Jeremiah P. Ostriker Princeton University, Margaret H. Wright New York University. NSF Publication (Jan 2003.)
96. “Understanding the Astrophysics of Galaxy Evolution: the role of spectroscopic surveys in the next decade,” Bell, Eric; Davis, Marc; Dey, Arjun; van Dokkum, Pieter; Ellis, Richard; Eisenstein, Daniel; Elvis, Martin; Faber, Sandra; Frenk, Carlos; Genzel, Reinhard; Green, Jenny; Gunn, Jim; Kaufmann, Guinevere; Knapp, Jill; Kriek, Marishka; Larkin, James; Maraston, Claudia; Nandra, Kirpal; Ostriker, Jerry; Prada, Francisco; Schlegel, David; Strauss, Michael; Szalay, Alex; Tremonti, Christy; White, Martin;White, Simon, Wyse, Rosie, Astro2010: The Astronomy and Astrophysics Decadal Survey, Science White Papers, no. 106. (2009)
97. “How do galaxies accrete gas and form stars?,” Putman, M.E.; Henning, P.; Bolatto, A.; Keres, D.; Pisano, D.J.; Rosenberg, J.; Bigiel, F.; Bryan, G.; Calzetti, D.; Carilli, C.; Charlton, J.; Chen, H.-W.; Darling, J.; Gibson, S.; Gnedin, N.; Gnedin, O.; Heitsch, F.; Hunter, D.; Kannappan, S.; Krumholz, M.; Lazarian, A.; Lasio, J.; Leroy, A.; Lockman, F.J.; Mac Low, M.; Maller, A.; Meurer, G.; O'Neil, K.; Ostriker, J.; Peek, J.E.G.; Prochaska, J.X.; Rand, R.; Robertson, B.; Schiminovich, D.; Simon, J.; Stanimirovic, S.; Thilker, D.; Thom, C.; Tinker, J.; Wakker, B.; Weiner, B.; van der Hulst, J.M.; Wolfe, A.; Wong, O.I.; Young, L., Astro2010: The Astronomy and Astrophysics Decadal Survey, Science White Papers, no. 241 (2009)
98. “Clues on black hole feedback simulated and observed X-ray properties of ellipitical galaxies,” Pelligrini, S., Ciotti, L., Ostriker, J.P., Advances in Space Research, Volume 44, Issue 3, p. 340-347 (08/2009).
Copyright © 2003 Jeremiah P. Ostriker All rights reserved.
Site design by Academic Web Pages