Photo's To Do List
Last updated 6th May 1997.
- Flat fielding
- Flat field slope: need to calculate if the real sky requires it
- Detection of bad flat/bias vectors.
- Flatfield interpolation needs work; ditto bias drift;.
Both need to be
able to handle (or at worst die gracefully on) arbitrarily wide problems
(e.g. 5 frames where the flat is too contaminated to use).
- Interpolating psfs: is a naive boxcar average good enough? (Test Year).
- PSF interpolation needs to be able to handle arbitrarily long
periods when there are no PSF stars.
- Moving scattering wing code into PSP from frames.
- Determining properties of scattering wings (Test Year)
- Diffraction spikes are not removed
- Cosmic Ray removal (OK for level1)
- Bright Galaxies
- Bright (1-10') galaxies are detected but not pasted together, as per
- Are detected, but not explicitly handled (i.e. there's no special code
to find the centre of M33).
- Atlas Images
- Compression: needs to be adapted to atlas images and put into a
stand alone version.
- Known Objects
- Input from database: still needs to include size and shape
information or, preferably, an objmask (not our task).
- Stellar wing subtraction
- Code ready for on-chip stars (when parameters are measured by PSP).
- Ideas for off-chip exist
- Low Surface Brightness Objects
- Bin, smooth, and rerun object finders to look for LSBs
- Measure Objects
- Not all desired properties are measured:
- Some error estimates
- Model counts in all bands for the canonical model
- Properties of elliptical isophote fit
- Contribution of PSF-like source to total light
- Fitting Bulge + Disk models (enhanced goal)
- Handle cases where we fail to measure a Petrosian radius
- Work with JPG to enhance the test suite.
- All outputs (parameters, likelihoods) are calculated, but their
interpretation awaits real data (SPICAM/Test Year).
- Needs work on PSFs superimposed on extended objects
- Multiple PSFs are not special cased
- Moving objects has book-keeping done, but no code to use it
- Needs work to handle PSFs superimposed on nuclei of galaxies
- Ghosts (probably not a level1 issue).